Accelerant specializes in Oracle Cloud Computing, Business Intelligence, and Data Mining. We help our customers unlock actionable information scattered across multiple systems. Our comprehensive approach provides strategic road-map, technical expertise, post-delivery support. Accelerant is OBIEE specialized Oracle Gold Partner.
Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service (BICS) is the industry’s first BI platform (or technology or system) in the cloud that makes analytics available to everyone. Cloud is defined as access to a pool of computing resources (servers, storage, networks, services, etc.) that can be rapidly provisioned and made available with minimal overhead.
Need to load data in Oracle BICS and need help?
Follow the steps below on how to use the Data Loader feature.
1. Login to Oracle BI Cloud Service.
2. In your Oracle BICS home page on the bottom of the left you will see the “Load” button — click on that button.
3. You will then be taken to the Data Loader History page. Click on the “LoadData” button.
4. There are two options to load the data:
- You can upload .xlsx, .xls, .csv, .txt, and .zip files
- Or select the data and paste it into the box
Note: On the right side of the page do not forget to select the “Delimiter Type” – Comma, Tab, Page & etc…
5. Here, we selected the data from excel and pasted it in the box. We selected delimiter type as “Tab.” Click on “Next” button.
6. In the Data Destination you will either need to select “Existing Table” (if your table already exists) or save to “New Table.” In our case we selected “New Table” and named it “Order Management.”
8. You can also change the data type of the column by selecting the options from the drop down list of “Table Column Type.”
9. After making all necessary changes, click on “Next” button and your data will be loaded.
Note: If you face issues with data loading, then double check into the “Data Transformation” or “Table Column Type” where you made the changes to data.
Hoped this helped!